Who are we?
Grenadier Search Group is a seven year-old executive search agency with over 40 years of hiring experience. Recently we’ve placed candidates in manager, director, VP, C-level executive and individual contributor roles at startups, mid-sized and large companies in New York, Boston, and Michigan.
Our work starts with a serious need from a hiring company, and consists of understanding, sourcing, debriefing, selection and closing. Working closely with both the hiring company and prospective candidates ensures prompt action, clear communication, and a good fit.
At Grenadier, we pride ourselves on honesty and integrity.
What do we do?
Find the right person for the job AND find the right job for the person.
How does working with us differ from the usual experience with recruiting agencies?
- We are definitely not typical.
- We listen closely and we ask tough questions.
- We constantly adjust our criteria to zero in on the exact set of attributes and experiences that define “the right fit”.
- We don’t play games. We try very hard to convey the reality of each situation to all the players, and strive to be as transparent as possible while at the same time protecting confidential information.
- We are honest and direct. There’s no BS or candy-coating to be found at Grenadier Search Group.
- We take pride in doing a good job but we do understand the somewhat limited nature of our role in the exercise. We can coach, guide and suggest, but at the end of the day, the hiring company decides whether to extend an offer and the candidate decides whether to accept.
- We work hard. We start searches immediately and continue sourcing until an offer letter is signed and the deal is complete.
- We know the industry from first-hand experience. We know how to build strong teams and ship quality products. Check out the testimonials from our clients and candidates to see why people keep coming back to us over and over again.
Dave Perlman, Founder
A long time ago I set out to become a history professor, but took a sharp right turn into software development and never looked back. After a decade-plus writing code, I slid down into management and, again, never looked back.
I’ve personally hired over 400 people. Most recently CTO at Everyday Health for three years, I’ve led software development, quality assurance, technical operations, and project/program management teams. In other lifetimes, I was CTO at Infinium ASP, VP Technology at Raging Bull and VP Technical Operations at WebMD.
In all of these roles, my success stemmed from the quality of the people I found, hired and developed.
I live outside of Boston with my wife and our dog. I like to write, cook, eat, and read history books.
The first grenades were small iron spheres filled with gunpowder, roughly the size of a baseball. Grenadiers had to be tall and strong enough to throw the grenades far enough to reach the enemy. They had to be disciplined enough to light the fuse and throw at the right moment. As a result, they were regarded as an elite fighting force.
During the 18th century the British army, fielded battalions comprised of eight companies, sorting some of the men into special-purpose companies. One was the Light company, whose men were agile, quick-witted and often used for skirmishing or ambushes. The second was the Grenadier company, whose men were big, strong, steady veterans. These men were used for particularly difficult missions, such as desperate assaults on fortresses.